Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 11, 2013 - Terve!

HI!
 
I miss you all! And hope you're all doing well! It's crazy to think that I just completed my 3rd week here! My how time flies! Yet I feel like I've been a missionary my whole life.....
 
This week has been good. On the 4th of July we watched 17 Miracles and then ate ice cream while watching the Stadium of Fire fireworks. It was awesome!
 
This past Tuesday we went to devotional at the Marriott Center. On the way there, I was praying so hard that I would be able to see Sister Cuevas (a special friend of ours from Chicago who recently entered the main MTC campus).  Sometimes it's really annoying not to have a cell phone. I just kept praying and praying that Heavenly Father would make our paths cross. My comp and I were walking around it and I just felt like I needed to keep walking. I kept walking and walking and walking. All of a sudden, I felt like I should stop. So I did. After some time had passed, I was starting to get anxious. But sure enough, Sister Cuevas came walking in through the door right by me. In a sea of over 3,400 missionaries, Heavenly Father made it possible for me to find her! We saw each other, ran to each other, and pretty much started crying as we tackled each other! It was so amazing. It was so cool seeing each other wearing our missionary name tags and I was literally so happy I was crying. We sat by each other during the devotional and the whole devotional was on prayer! I know Heavenly Father answers our prayers. Heavenly Father cares about the little things in our lives. Whether big or small, He cares. I'm so grateful for the power of prayer!
 
WE MADE HISTORY! This week the MTC had more missionaries in it than ever before in the history of the MTC. It feels so amazing that I am one of those missionaries!
 
I ripped my purple skirt. But don't worry, I sewed it :) although I do wish I had paid better attention in my 8th grade sewing class. It looks like it was done by a 5 year old. Oh well. If the hole is gone it's good right? 
 
This week actually wasn't all that eventful. We got both of our "investigators" to pray though so that was exciting! The language is coming along, even though it's still killer! It's hard for me not to get frustrated with it and with myself. I just have to keep reminding myself that learning it takes time and I just need to keep working hard and trust in the Lord.
 
 This morning we went to breakfast at the main campus. I don't know why everyone complains about the MTC food. It was amazing! Every morning for breakfast over here, we get bagels, muffins, and sugary cereal. That's it. They had breakfast burritos, all kinds of fruit, bagels, and muffins, cracked wheat, oatmeal, sausage and pancakes with syrup, and so many other choices! We were in awe! However, I love the campus I'm on. There's so much freedom and it's super chill.
 
Every night, Sister Hubner, Vincent, Dayton and I sit outside on the porch and eat otter pops, ice cream, or creamies and just enjoy the night air. It's on of my favorite things to do and is a great relaxer.
 
Whenever we go anywhere, we always say "Terve" to everyone (which means hello). Now most of the West MTC campus says "Terve" whenever they see us. It's very exciting.
 
Well, I love you and I miss you like crazy! Keep sending me letters. I love getting them! Mail time is one of the most fun times of the day.
 
Love you all,
 
Sisar Nielsen
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment